Apparently, this was the night that I cooked the worst dinner ever. I knew that it wasn't the best I have ever made. It was adequate. Not a big deal. Until my husband said, "At least I can drink the Pepsi." I then asked if it really was the worst I had ever made and he said, "The pepsi tastes good." Okay. I told him I wasn't cooking dinner anymore. We can be like a family I knew growing up, where the mom cooked for herself and the kids and the dad ate later. I grew up on more convience type foods than E did, and so that's what I know how to cook. I am not good with seasonings and spices, and I don't like to spend all day working on dinner. Especially with 2 people eating, and he doesn't come home at the same time every night. UGH!
E is typically very mild and mellow. It complements my stressy uptightness well. However, when he gets stressed, he says the first thing that pops into his mind and is much more curt. Now, I need to figure out my next step. I really don't want to cook again. I don't know what we'll do about that. But, I do want to help him de-stress and get in a better place so he's not grumpy. He puts up with a lot from me...I guess I need to put up with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment