Since I have never been tagged for a meme and I liked this one, I am going to do it. And, if you happen by my blog and think this is spiffy, PLEASE do it for yourself and either post your results in the comments, or link to your own blog!
Go to Wikipedia.
In the search box type in the month of your birth and the date (not the year)
1) List three events that happened on the day of your birth
1829 - According to LDS teaching, John the Baptist confers the Aaronic Priesthood onto
Joseph Smith Jr. and Oliver Cowdery.
1918 - The US Post Office Department (later renamed the USPS) begins the first regular airmail service
in the world (between New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, DC).
1940 - McDonald's is founded.
2) List two “people of note” also born on the day
1941 - K.T. Oslin, American musician
1969 - Emmitt Smith, American football player
(These were the only two I knew on a read through of the long list.)
3) List one “person of note” that died on the day
2003 - June Carter Cash, American musician and singer (b. 1929)
4) List any holiday or observances
Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
Have Fun!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment