Monday, March 5, 2007

So, I've Decided...

This little phrase now has the power to drive my dear husband to eye rolling and chuckling. I have been in a rut for several weeks (months?) and I am SO ready to be out. I am a planner. An overanalyzer. A list maker. (Ever make a list of the lists you need to make?) So the schemer in me starts researching and I find this program to remake our financial situation. So, I've decided that we need to follow what this guy says. I've been listening to him on the radio and he's good... I start this to redo my body. So, I've decided that I just need to do a whole program...I go here to increase my spirituality and scripture study techniques. So, I've decided we need to set other goals to study the scriptures.. ON AND ON AND ON!
I want a total life makeover right this very moment, and I want the results right this moment, and I don't want to make any changes. Okay, stop laughing at me. I need to just make little changes one at a time. We have cut the High Fructose Corn Syrup out of our diets (other than the soda that I chug and the occasional candy.) I do exercise regularly (not enough.) I think that some of the unrest is that the big changes mentioned in a previous post are still on the horizon, but the details are sketchy. This inquiring mind wants to know! So I sit and plan and freeze up, unable to act on these ideas or goals. I remember a quote from Thomas S. Monson. This is either the real quote that he used quoting someone else, or my version of what he said:
Live only for tomorrow and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today.
I love this quote, but I obviously don't think of it enough. I didn't want this blog to be a place where I only complain about my life. My life only feels empty because I make it that way. My goal for the rest of this month is to post a daily Celebration. I have lots to celebrate.
March 5 Celebration: Ethan is gone on a business trip, and I get to stay home and spend the whole day cleaning and organizing in my pajamas! I have two projects that I will complete. The filing cabinet and the recycling bin. And, I don't have to cook! Definitely reason to celebrate ;)

No comments: