Saturday, March 10, 2007

Take me out to the Ball Game and the Vacuum

I love baseball. It is my absolute favorite sport. I was quite excited when we got to go watch my brother D play ball in SLC. He is on a college club team. Super fun. It was a little cold, but the sun was shining. Great day for a ball game.

So, one thing that I did not celebrate this week was what will forever be known in my relationship with my husband as the vacuum incident. While his was gone, I went to Sam's Club and drooled over a hard floor cleaner. This is a nice vacuum style cleaner that will clean hard wood floors, marble (like we have any), vinyl flooring, and others. I have no carpet in my upstairs. The kitchen is a vinyl, the bathroom tile, and the rest is hardwood. I do not like the thought of my baby crawling all over floors that are not super clean, and I don't like cleaning them by hand. 1100sq ft is a lot of flooring to clean weekly. So, I went and bought it. All 184.59 of it. When he called, I told him that I was going to go get it, and he didn't think that was a good idea. So, I chose not to tell him that it was in the trunk. When he got home, I confessed, and we took it back together. He asked me "Do you really need it?" "Is there any way we can afford this?" And other questions that made me feel guilty. We did take it back. So, during the next three days, he received 3 packages in the mail, bought a tree at a nursery (but it was 50% off!), and won 2 bids on ebay. When these purchases are added up, the grand total is...102.49. True, not as much as the floor cleaner, but getting pretty close.
So there seems to be many morals to this story.
1. We need a budget
2. We need better communication about everything including money
3. I need to not feel guilty about spending money just because I don't bring any home. (That was key in my buyers remorse.)
4. We need stock in ebay.

No comments: