Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Princess at 8 months

M is 8 months old today.

She is such a petite little thing. At her check up last month she weighed 14 lbs 8 ounces. I think I should be glad she is so little because she wants to be held ALL THE TIME. She will play happily on the floor, if I am not in sight. (Which is not very often.) She loves to watch me do everything. I've often wondered if she just doesn't like being a helpless baby. She seems in a hurry to grow up.
M has discovered the joy of pulling yourself up to stand. She is starting to get the concept of moving her feet to walk. I don't think it will be too long...
M enjoys eating. She likes chunks of pear, cheerios, and peas. Her favorite store bought baby food is Apples and Chicken. (Yummy sounding combo, huh.)
She LOVES her brother. If R is around she HAS to be watching him. If she can reach him, she loves to pat his face, pull on his clothes, and a multitude of other things to drive him crazy. He likes to make her laugh, and can do it better than anyone else.She sleeps pretty good at night (12 hours in chunks of 3, 7, and 2 or 4 and 8) and loves to cuddle in our bed if I fall back to sleep or am too lazy to carry her back to bed.
Overall she is a good baby. I'm enjoying watching her grow and learn.