I don't know how we are going to survive the next little while. There will be no regular money coming in, and that makes me VERY nervous. E is not as worried and tells me that I just need to trust him. I am working on that. I am making lots of "stressy death noises" as we call them, and unfortunately many snappy remarks and not enough hugs.
One thought I had was that of looking at WIC to help pay for formula. This weaning thing is an expensive choice right now. I was at the store this morning getting groceries, and the gal in line behind me put her purchases on the counter. It was obvious to me that it would be a WIC purchase. (She later put her WIC booklet on the counter which confirmed my suspicion.) I was able to glance at this woman a couple more times. Her hair was done just right including highlights in at least two colors. Her skin was a beautiful fake bake, and her nails looked like they had been done very recently. Her outfit came straight from Hollister Co. (based on the name across the hoodie.) She does not look the part of someone who is in need of help. She did look to me like a mom who was taking what she could get. I feel shameful thinking of needing help to feed R. Especially when I see people like this. (I actually had a similar situation at the store last week.) Formula is expensive. We need to give R formula for AT LEAST another 1 1/2 months. We have a genuine NEED that we probably won't have in 1 1/2 months. It is people like that lady at the store this morning that make it seem so awful. By the way, she drove off in one of these.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment