Friday, May 25, 2007

Summer Tutoring

I hope that when summer break hits for my children, there is a Score’s summer program near us. As a former teacher, I know how hard it is when kids have forgotten approximately one month’s worth of their education over the summer break. One thing I think is great about Score’s summer programs is that they have something that will work for any family. The one I would like is the Score! 30. This gives you 30 one-hour sessions scheduled around your schedule. They seem to have something for everyone. From kids that need to catch up (even a full grade) to kids that need something to keep them thinking. The program looks fun, and all the kids I've heard talk about their experience have been very positive.

1 comment:

Inside our hands, outside our hearts said...

I a leaving a message here about your previous post because I m not sure you will scroll down seeing that you are on a new post.

I see the frustration. I am 41 and have 3 children , 2 that are now grown and a 5 year-old. I am also raising my 1 year-old grand daughter and finishing college. I looked at the truck this woman drove off in and recognize the clothing company if which you spoke; neither are inexpensive. However there are people that need WIC, I get it for my grand daughter and will until she is 5 unless my income changes (I pray it does). It is sad that people can own such things and still recieve aid, but this womans tragic behavior is mild compared to what I have seen. I would first sell my car and get a cheaper one before I'd walk into a place full of low-income woman that are already feeling humilated because they need to ask for help, only to see this sort of woman.

Now, I am talking to you. If by chance you drive the same sort of car or truck and wear the same clothes and hit hard times there is no shame is asking for help. After all this is for your child not you and everyone has a time when they need help. It is those that get the help when they truly need it and then do not need help anymore but do not report it, yet continue getting the aid; that makes me want to be ill to my core.

Chin up!