Sunday, May 13, 2007

My First Mother's Day




Happy Mother's Day to Me!

We had a really good weekend in Idaho with E's sister and her family. This is my third Mother's day as a married lady, and we have spent all three with this sister and her husband. They are lots of fun to be with, and their little twinner boys are just 5 months older than R. The weather was beautiful and we were able to spend time with E's G&G R and hear some great stories and family history. I also caught this great pic.


I gave my mom a special gift. (Hi, Mom!) A special right from the heart something I've been thinking about for months. We gave my Mother-In-Law a new water jug. E made me a card after we got home from Idaho. And he spelled my name wrong on it. I don't know if I would have received a card if I hadn't asked him if he got me anything. I know that it's not a big deal and this is just a Hallmark holiday. But I hope next year he'll remember the "Mom" in his life that lives in his house and washes his underwear.

But he did plant me these beautiful Iris'. And they are my favorite flower. I am treated well all year, I shouldn't complain about a silly holiday.


No comments: