I now have a husband that works at home. It is difficult. I feel that we are stepping on each other's toes all the time. The grand plan is to move rooms around. The plant room will become R's room, R's room will become the plant room, the basement family room will become our bedroom, and our bedroom will become the office. I am currently taking an online medical coding program through Career Step so when I complete that, we can take turns working/watching R.
Recently I contemplated purchasing a business. The main reason I did not was because the owner was offered more $$ by another person. Without going into too much detail, it would have been a lot of work, but a fun adventure that got me out of the house more and potentially made good money. I would have enjoyed feeling like I was bringing in some $$, or at least creating a better cash flow than Avon does. (I don't push it too hard, and so it basically only pays for itself.) Tonight E said that he wants me to just focus on being the Mom, and put everything else second. I am grateful for that, but until his new investment plan starts bringing in the $$ I feel like I need to be contributing some. What to do?
In a perfect little world, I would finish this coding program and could work a couple/few hours a day. When I was working, E could be running the home. Then, he could do what he needs to do. It sounds real great with equal parenting and household responsibilities. Can you say pipe dream?
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment