Today my mom and I went to a baby shower for 2 of my cousins. After all the games were played and the presents were open, we were sitting around visiting. On one half of the smallish room were me and 4 of my cousins who were moms/mothers to be. We were chatting about the must have items, things we don't like, and other miscellaneous child rearing talk. On the other half of the room were my grandmother, mother, and 3 aunts who have all "been there, done that." It was neat to look over at them. The all had little smiles on their faces. I wondered if they were laughing at the innocence/naivety of our comments or smiling at how they "remember when life was like that." I hope it was the latter. All I know is that I'm glad that I have such neat women in my life.
One of the babies on the way is a girl, and one is a boy. It helped me get into the pink thing to see the cute things she got for her shower. So cute that we stopped at a local Kid to Kid so I could pick out a couple of things. One of the games played showed lists of girl names. That was helpful, too. Although, Turboninjawizard is not really going on my list.
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment