Saturday, November 10, 2007

Beautiful Fall

It is a beautiful fall day here at our house. The sun is shining, there's a light breeze blowing, and we are grateful to not have big trees in our yard since we've watched the neighbors all along the other side of the street rake and rake and rake today. Two of the neighbors have left tempting piles. It would be fun to take R over and play in them.
After I blogged about feeling better, we were hit with round 2. Thursday I went to visit Grandma Great and she took me and R out to lunch. He threw up in the restaurant. All over me, all over him, and all over the floor RIGHT in front of where you order food. Eww. I know that won't be my only experience with public vomiting, so I guess I should just say I'm glad to have the first time over with. He had been sluggish before that, but I thought it was because he hadn't napped. Wrong. He was back to his old self after, though. Then Friday it hit E and me. Poor R had run of the house. He had plenty to eat and drink. His diaper was changed regularly, and I think he liked having both mom and dad stationary. Dad was in the bedroom, and mom was on the couch. He got to run between us all day. He played in the Tupperware drawer*, pulled all the books and movies off of 2 book shelves, and watched some TV. Actually, there's not a poor R. I bet he had a great time. I feel better today. Still nauseated, but when haven't I been in the last 4 months? I spent a good hour cleaning up the cracker and cereal pieces R had smashed all over the house. I've also done tons of laundry, and used a can of Lysol spraying everything down. I WANT this house to smell sickeningly clean for a while.

*We don't have any tupperware. But what am I supposed to call the drawer that has all the plastic food storage containers? Please leave your suggestions in the comments.

No comments: