I don't like folding laundry. I get things washed and dried, it just doesn't make it folded to the drawer. I have tried to have the golden rule of folding the clothes as it comes out of the dryer. That caused backups. I have tried setting a timer or "fold 10" rule to break it up while I do other tasks, but I seem to forget to go back to the laundry. I've been grateful that I have a whole room to let my clean laundry, but now we're preparing to move everything upstairs and that won't be an option. So my grand plan is (drum roll please...) PIONEER DRESS CODE! Woo Hoo! Here's how it would work:
Girls have 2 "everyday" dresses and 1 Sunday Dress. I think I'll throw in a couple of aprons, too. The boys can have 2 pair of everyday pants, a couple of casual shirts, and a Sunday set. Now, not true to my heritage, I will let us have clean underwear and socks everyday. (Folding whites is E's job anyway.) Think of the space we'll save. We'll have tons of closet space, AND we can all use 1 dresser!
And, YES. I am posting this while I am supposed to be folding laundry.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hate to fold too... that's why I put everything on hangers except underwear and socks. I like to fold socks... -bret
Doesn't that mean you'll have to do more laundry? I am the type of person that hates everything about laundry. I was thinking today that I needed to buy the kids more pants because I am having to do laundry more then once a week. Its the reason Gavin and John have 80 pair of underwear each.
I do like the idea of more closet space. I think I could solve that by throwing away junk though.
Post a Comment