Thursday, October 23, 2008

4

Today is our 4th anniversary. We exchanged cards (mine store bought, E's home made on a piece of paper from work.) I got a Cherry Coke as my gift, gave a Trick or Tater Mr. Potato Head (is that better or worse than the coke?), and we let my parents take us out to dinner with the cranky kids in tow. Ah, love.

I can't really remember my single life, but that's okay. I don't miss it. Ethan is SO good to me. He is loving and kind, even when I am not. He gives me back rubs, asking nothing in return. He is the calm and patient yin to my stressed and anxious yang. I really don't know what I would do without him.
We're DEFINITELY not perfect. Dr. Joyce Brothers said,
“Marriage is not just spiritual communion and passionate embraces; marriage is also three meals a day, sharing the workload and remembering to carry out the trash.” But I hope we have another 60 years here to try and figure it all out.

Photo taken in Zions National Park 2005

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two! John and I celebrated 4 years this year too. Statistics say more people get divorced during there 3, 7, and 18th year of marriage then during any other year. You two made it passed 3 WOOT!
I have to say that even though that picture is only 3 years old, you two look so young!