Sunday, June 15, 2008

Summertime--in bullets

  • Last night I realized that summer is here. I have my first mosquito bite and sunburn of the season. E and I were out working on a project on the driveway. It was almost 10pm, and still over 70 degrees. We had the swamp cooler running trying to cool the house down a little. I could hear a band playing while I moved the sprinkler across the lawn. I enjoyed the little shower I received when I unkinked the hose. I love those moments of summer.
  • I've been up to Girls' Camp this week. Lots of fun. It was great to be up in the mountains away from it all. Strange camp, though. They couldn't have fires, they didn't prepare any of their own food, and they had to travel in large groups because there was a bear wandering in and out of camp. Best part was I got to come home to my own bed every night.
  • E and I took the kids to a new little cafe/coffee place here in town. They had live music, and hand scooped ice cream. I really wanted the ice cream, but the music was a fun bonus. The wife/girlfriend of one of the musicians took a picture of our little family sitting on the overstuffed couches. I guess she thought it was fun we'd brought our family to hear her sweetie (we hadn't) or our kids were cute (they are). Give me a shout out if you see our faces somewhere as someone's "groupies". The music WAS good, and so was the ice cream. It is moments like that I really like my life. Sitting with my sweetie, holding my wide-eyed baby, watching my little man dance to the music. What more can you ask for?
  • Happy Father's Day! R has recently started calling E Dad. He's moved from being Dada to Dad. E thinks it's pretty cool. Quite a sign of growing up.

3 comments:

Tina said...

That is crazy that they couldn't have fires. Did they say why? That is nice though that you got to have fun, but still come home to your nice warm bed!

harmonie said...

The fire pits are too close to the cabins so they are in the process of moving them. The fire marshall came up twice to make sure the rules were being followed.

Anonymous said...

I always loved girls camp, its something I miss so much! That is a bummer you couldn't have a fire though.
What is the new cafe that is in? Is it the Art city one in Springville? Or another new one I don't know about?