Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hello out there

When I started blogging almost 2 years ago, I was determined that it was to be an anonymous blog. I would make blogger friends from all over. I read blogs written by people from all over the country who live lives very different from mine. Slowly, I found some blogs of people closer to home, and I commented here and there. I didn't want this blog to only be about my cute kids and the happy times. I didn't want to feel I needed to keep up appearances. I'm not eloquent. Only occasionally am I witty or clever. I have insecurities, and I deal with feeling inadequate a lot. I was scared that if people I know in "real life" read and commented I would be embarrassed. Lately I've started seeing blogs of old friends and acquaintances, and I find myself wanting to connect. So...Hello! Welcome to my blog. I am very imperfect, quite cluttered, and often cranky. I love my home, family, talk radio, and starting projects. I wish I was more like June Cleaver. I don't like folding laundry, and I drink WAY too much soda. You are welcome to look around, and see my world through my eyes. Please leave a comment if you stop by!

2 comments:

Stitchnmom said...

I originally started my blog to keep my family in touch. At first I was reserved about what I wrote and worried that I would be embarrased if my family and friends knew how I am when I'm not putting on a show for them, but I've come to realize that I am not perfect so why should my blog protray that. Thank you so much for this post. (I found your blog from your signature on PYP)

Anonymous said...

There are way too many bloggers out there that have to be exaggerating at how perfect their life is. I find I can't relate with people like that. I like those who keep it real. So your blog is right up my alley.