Monday, June 30, 2008

Family Reunion-Lava Style

We're back from a family reunion. It was the first time we've taken our kids camping. It went like I expected....not good. R is a great sleeper in his own bed. But, that is the only place he likes to sleep. So, the poor little guy was awake until 1am Friday night. Then he woke up when his sister woke up to eat at 3. E hadn't packed some of the bedding, so we ended up with one sleeping bag and one blanket. We slept on top of the sleeping bag, cuddled up together (all 4 of us) and piled all the little baby blankets on top of us. The cousins were up and running at 6am. Plus the train that came by every twenty minutes or so. R was ready for a nap by 11am, so I put him in the car to go for a drive. He threw up. He threw up 3 times. No real know cause, but we had lots of stinky items to lug home. I was also bummed that we were at Lava Hot Springs, and we did no playing in the water. (I didn't want R to get totally dehydrated and I have a 3 month old.)
BUT we got to visit with lots of family. And that was the point of going, right? And it's nice to think that that's all we'll really remember.

No comments: