Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Note to baby

Dear baby,
It is very late. I am tired. You've been awake so long it's almost time for your next feeding. I love how alert and awake you are in the middle of the night. You seem to do your biggest smiles and coos when it is just the two of us in the lamp light. Your sad little lip that juts out is cute, but I know it is just the prelude to the howls reminding me you don't like to be put down. I love cuddling with you, and my heart melts when I hear that sigh that tells me you've finally relaxed. But, the morning is coming fast. And your brother will want us to play, the chores need to be done, the business needs to be run, and so much more. If only we could freeze this moment, so I can remember just how you are snuggling your head into my body. I know it won't be long before I get more sleep and you won't slow down for snuggles during the day, but my eyes can't stay open much longer. Tomorrow let's discuss the whole night vs day thing. I think you could really like it. And I'll make sure to sit a little longer and forget about those dishes that need to be washed. They can wait, but you can't.
Love, Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that little face...