Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back to the ER

But not for the child you think. We were on our way to bed last night, and I notice that M's prescription cough syrup is on a chair, with the lid off, and half the bottle emptied. R says, "I had a drink!" So one call to poison control later and were for in the ER for the second time this week.

All is well. He just needed to be monitored. His nose was VERY itchy, and he was VERY sleepy, but otherwise just fine.

R enjoyed his stay at the ER so much that he cried when the Doctor said he could go home. Then when the nurse brought in the discharge papers, he wailed and said he wanted to "stay in the bed with the tv." I never thought I'd have to drag my son OUT of the hospital screaming.

No comments: