Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Prayin' Hard

My prayers tonight will contain the following phrases. The events may or may not have happened in the last three days. I will deny most of them if you ask me.
  • Please don't let my kids poop in the tub again. (both in the same day. really.)
  • Please give me the motivation to keep R's booster seat clean. (Jell-0 is a bugger to scrape off.)
  • Please help me relax tonight so I fall asleep quickly and don't stay awake until 4 am and eat a root beer float at 3am.
  • Please help me be thankful for my son's growing independence. Even if that means that he takes his clothes off every time he is alone. (Especially in his crib with a poopy diaper.)
  • When both kids are crying for unknown reasons, please help me to NOT join in.
  • Please let me not look like a slob the next time I run into someone at the grocery store. Or sound like a weirdo. (Sorry Rachael)
Yeah, I need some help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! Seriously I went home and told John that I need to remember to not go out in public when I have greasy hair. I swear every time I do someone I know runs into me.
I was going to email you but the last few days have been hectic. We need to have a formal get together and let Keats and Ririe play, and I guess Gav can come too. Keats is so desperate for friends. Send me an email and lets plan something. Maybe at a park or something before the weather goes to crap?
By the way you didn't sound like a weirdo. If anything I was the one sounding weird and looking gross. Oy, I gotta start making more time for pampering.