Thanks for the positive feedback on our money woes. I know we will be fine, and I KNOW I'll take our money troubles over other people's troubles. Anyway...
Here's the Christmas Challenge:
What:Have a super Christmas with a multitude of beautifully wrapped presents under the tree with a budget of $200.00. This includes the shipping/tax of everything we buy.
Who: I am excited and gung ho about this. E is not too sure. He says that he gets $150.00 of the budget, and I can fend for myself. Umm, no.
When: Starting now. It's never too early to start Christmas shopping.
Why: No explanation needed.
How: watching sales, selling stuff we have (I'd hate to have empty space...), possible trades, buying used, cashing in my MyPoints and MyCoke Rewards, using the product credits I've earned through Heritage Makers, and whatever else we can come up with.
I have already sold some books online at Powell's books. E has requested a book for Christmas, so I'll be able to use that credit to get his book.
Stay Tuned...We may have a crappy Christmas.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are trying to do a cheap Christmas this year too. every year John and I agree not to buy each other gifts to save money. It never works cause we always crack and end up over buying.
Our kids have wayyyy too many toys. If you are needing any baby toys for Miranda come "shop" at our house. I am always trying to pawn off all the kids toys. My sister is coming out in October and she had planned to drive but now she is flying. So I can't pawn off all the stuff I was planning to pawn off. Grrr...
Anyway the first place I would suggest to look is craigslist. People are always selling cheap used toys there. We got Gavin a tricycle for $5 off of there and its a nice one. Ebay is another good one.
Post a Comment