I was watching a show on TV where the lead character with all his flaws was required to overcome a personal obstacle to save the day. Not very realistic. I know in times of emergency, people can do amazing, even superhuman, things.
I can't parallel park. The small town I grew up in had no real need for it. I remember in my driver training that we spent a little bit of time on it. For the actual testing, we just needed to parallel park along a curb without hitting said curb and closer than a ruler away. And, without any other cars around. Today I went over to the church for a meeting. I saw a gap between 2 cars that was about 1 3/4 car lengths apart. Knowing there was no one around, I was by myself, and not too anxious to go in the building, I knew it was a chance to practice. I tried. And tried. Over and over. Pausing only to let a car pass (I turned my blinker on to act like I knew what I was doing.) As for the outcome, I'm glad my camera wasn't around to record the event. I know that my back wheels were not touching the curb (or a car) but my front wheels would have been in traffic if it were any other street. I am not sure, but I think all 4 wheels were facing a different direction.
Please don't let my life ever depend on parallel parking, and please don't tell me someone was looking out a window.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are my new best friend. seriously we need to start a club for people who can't parallel park. I failed it so bad on my driving test. I am surprised I passed. I haven't ever practiced since though. I will just never move out of Utah I guess.
Post a Comment