Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tis the Season for a Recap

I don't know where this month has gone, or what I've spent the time doing, but here's a recap for journal keeping sake:
  • December birthday party with E's family. All grandkids (and most adults) ended up with a 24hour flu(ish) bug within 1 week. Digestive tracts still not back to normal.
  • Ward Christmas party=same old, same old.
  • Grandma Great Christmas party= Spiced things up by bringing Family Feud style Christmas game I created. Success!
  • E's family Christmas Party: Game a success there, too. Feeling too sick to really enjoy things.
  • Dreamed of starting new traditions with our own little family. Ended up with Fast Food dinner from my favorite place (I could handle that tradition) and the in-laws coming over to play games. NOT the Christmas Eve I had imagined, but whatever.
  • E worked on the magazine all week. He only does it 1 out of every 5-6 weeks. OF COURSE it falls over Christmas.
  • I'm ready to take Christmas down. I was ready on the 26th. I think R will be sad the "biteys" are gone, but I need to clean my living room. (nesting anyone?)
  • My parents are at Grandma Great's this weekend. They were staying for New Year's Eve, then not staying, then staying again. They live in the moment. Any bets on whether they stay or not? (Note to mom: I do hope you stay.)

Ready for the new year. I hope to post about goals/resolutions soon.

No comments: