Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tonight was our ward party. I really do enjoy the social aspect of these things. I don't see a lot of people at church on Sundays, and it's nice to be able to visit in a different setting. We've been in this house for 2 1/2 years, so we know people and people know us. There is something very comforting to feel that sense of community. The bad thing is, we have a small old church. There is barely room to pull out your chair to sit without climbing on the person behind you. You better HOPE you like the people you are sitting near, because chances are you won't be able to get to anyone else. This is the second one we've been to, and our strategy was much better this time. NEXT year, we will know just what to do.
Another strangish thing, there is no entertainment. No children singing or re-enacting a manger scene. All we can really figure is that there is no room to get the kids to the stage.

On a side note, I decided to make a "Family Fued" style game for a family Christmas party. I put the questions up on 2 boards I read/post to. Between 6pm last night and 12noon today, I received 96 replies! I was hoping for 20ish. Woo Hoo! The responses are from people all over the country which really gives it a "random sample" feel. I am excited to get it put together!

No comments: