
Woo Hoo! The Denver Mint started producing the Utah quarter today. The image selected is that of the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad which happened on May 10, 1869. The options for the image on the back of the quarter were a beehive, a skier guy, or the trains. I was (ridiculously) excited to find out that the trains were picked. I LOVE trains. I think they are beautiful. It started on a family reunion in southwest Nevada. We were on a ranch right next to the train track. Everytime a train came by (several times a day) all the children would run to see the train and all the adults would run to watch the kids. It was a beautiful setting. Fond memories of sitting on a fence at sundown, watching (and listening to) the train coming closer. I remember sitting there and feeling so relaxed and happy. Trains were really romanticized for me (I was 12.) I did reports on them every chance I got in school. When I graduated from college, Grandma Great took me on a trip to Denver. We were able to ride the California Zephyr which was beautiful. It was a slow way to travel, but great to be able to relax and visit. They are so much a part of our country's history, good and bad.
In other news...
Definite thumping action in my belly. More than the swishing/tapping that I felt last week. Woo Hoo.
In other news...
Definite thumping action in my belly. More than the swishing/tapping that I felt last week. Woo Hoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment