I went to my 14 week OB appointment today. First thing the Dr. does is measure my belly (right on target) and found the heartbeat (without much effort.) Heartbeat was a strong 159, although it took the doc minute to measure (the babe was moving so much.) Very nice. Then, we reviewed my labs, and I am still dehydrated. And I'm still throwing up! What a coincidence. The doctor wanted to a PICC line, but I protested and he is allowing me to try on more week. If I haven't gained any weight/not feeling better by next Tuesday then I will get a PICC line and a home health nurse to give me fluids/nutrients daily. I did go to the hospital for some IV therapy and I really am feeling better. They gave me more Zofran in the IV and luckily it didn't make me sick like the pills do. I am feeling MUCH better this afternoon. Because:
1- I heard the heartbeat and can relax and enjoy being pregnant for now.
2- I really am sick! I am not just a wimp who has been struggling through each day.
3- I feel SO good after IV therapy. I'm not good at drinking water when I'm not sick. It feels good to be hydrated.
Now on to the 2nd item of business. I've decided to put a poll on this blog and let people vote whether this baby is going to be a boy or a girl. Let me tell you a little to help you formulate your guess. I've felt "boy" so far. The baby's heart rate is high, but R's was always fast. The Chinese calendar predictor was correct in saying R was a boy, and it says this one is a girl. I have been much more sick this time and I'm carrying low. (But it is my 2nd pregnancy.) PLEASE guess on the poll if you stop by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment