Thursday, September 20, 2007

ALL HAIL ZOFRAN!

I haven't been around to blog much. I haven't been around to do much period. I have been so sick. As in this is looking like my last pregnancy sick. As in I don't want to do anything but sleep (close to the porcelain throne, please) sick. As in my husband is sick of frozen pizzas and eggrolls for dinner, and there are no clean dishes, clothes, or floor space in the house sick. As in... well, you get the picture. Last Friday I caved and went to the Emergency Room. After a call to the doctor, it was determined that I was dehydrated, and if some liquid would help, I was game. I took a mere 2 liters of fluid, and was blessed to be given ZOFRAN. This drug was created for Chemo patients, but it works wonderful for preggos that are supersick like me. Within 10 minutes, my nausea was gone and my stomach grumbled as if hungry. We got a prescription and went to a grocery store to fill it. The grocery store had a Chinese food court inside, and people, it smelled GOOD. I couldn't believe it. These benefits lasted 2 days. Unfortunately, my insurance needed a prior authorization, so I've been sickly again the last 4 days, but the pa is in, and the prescription has been filled! I can't wait!

No comments: