This weekend we went down to my parents house. It was time for the annual Tree For All fundraiser/craft fair. The community auctions off Christmas trees for various charities and various vendors sell food, crafts, art, etc. All of the childrens singing and dancing groups perform Christmas ditties. I decided that this was the time I wanted to take some of the cute Avon gifts I have packaged and try to make money to finance our Christmas. My idea was to have little gifts that were ready to give, and for reasonable prices. Unfortunately, the event was not well advertised and therefore not well attended. We made enough money to cover costs (including gas down there) and a little profit. It was nice to visit with my parents and Grammy gives me a bit of vacation. (For example she was upset this morning when I changed his diaper while she was on the phone...she wanted to do it.)
Thanks Tammy for leaving a comment. I was quite excited. I didn't think I would have any comments for months or so. She gets the prize for being the first to leave a comment. I don't know what the prize is, but it will be great. Go visit her and leave hugs and prayers. I can't wait until I win a bazillion dollars so that I can give some to her.
Sunday, December 3, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment