We decided that it was time to start R on some cereal. I know, I know the recommended age to start is not for another month and a half but I am not able to keep this guy satisfied. The last week he has been eating every hour/hour and a half. He's been nursing both sides each feeding (it used to be one side)plus eating another 5-6 ounces in a bottle that I have previously pumped. He has been waking up to eat at least once a night when he previously was sleeping through. I didn't want to supplement with formula, so I decided that solids it is. I had this
article linked in my favorites. Some of the criteria for being ready to start solid foods are:
Can sit with support
Has control of head (and can refuse food)
Can take food from a spoon and learn to swallow
Has an interest in food when parents are eatingWe knew that he is quite the sitter and he is definitely interested in what we're eating. Well it was a big success. He pushed the first few bites back out of his month (of course) but always turned his head back to the spoon with his mouth wide open ready for more. When I would turn and talk to his dad, he would start to cry.



Always the good baby, he wiped his own mouth clean on his bib.

And he slept 11 hours straight last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment