Left Over Soup. I really had a fridge full of random things and they did make a lovely soup.
Here's what I used.
1 chicken breast (cooked)
24 ounces chicken broth
1 cup white rice (cooked)
2 cups brown rice (cooked)
1 cup fresh mushrooms
1 cup carrots
1 can corn
1 clove garlic
1/4 onion
4 Tbsp butter
flour
Here's what I did:
I started with melting the butter then adding the garlic, carrots, onion, and mushrooms to soften.
I then added flour to make a roux. Next came the chicken and chicken broth. After it came to boil, I added my rice. I let it simmer until it thickened.
This soup was really tasty. It thickened up more than I thought it would. We will just have to add some broth when we heat up the left overs. It made enough for me to freeze some, and we have some for another meal. Next time I would add wild rice.
Here's a picture: SOUP (I'm totally hooked on Instagram)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment