Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blondie (the confection not the comic strip)

It is a BEAUTIFUL Sunday afternoon and I am whipping up another pan of Blondies.  Have you made these yet? My mom did. (Hi Mom!)  The same day I posted the recipe because she needed a thank you treat to take to work.  She commented that they reminded her of the Congo bars that her mom used to make.  I wonder if that's part of why I love them.  The memory of Grammy's kitchen that is associated with the flavor and texture.  I think it's a good reason to keep making them. 

Congo bars are a variation of Blondies according to Wikipedia.

So, I know my mom is reading this blog. (Hi again Mom!) Is anyone else? Enter a comment and say hello, and I will send you a full batch of Blondies psychically.  For real. 

PS  when I post the Hi Mom in smaller font, it makes me think of Elementary school program when you give your mom a sneaky wave at about chest level from the 3 row of the risers. Just like then it's  letting you know I see you mom.  I am both embarassed your are watching me, and glad you love and support me.  XOXO

4 comments:

Amber said...

I haven't made them yet, but I do plan on making them. I also want to thank you for crock pot wednesdays because we love to try the recipes. Enchalada casserole has become a favorite of ours! Love you!

Kacey and Joe said...

Harms I always read your blog. Unfortunately blondies also remind me of congo bars (Karma still makes them) and I'm not a huge fan. So I haven't used your recipe but I sure do love your blog. :)

DuncanAndCandice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DuncanAndCandice said...

I made brownies (the box stuff lol) right after I saw you post lol... Thanks to Traxton who broke almost all my eggs so I had to do something to save them and because your blondies look AMAZING!!! Now I need to make your blondies (thats what we will do for family night) I am excited :)
We love you blog and Trax loves to see cousins... Keep blogging because we love reading.
LOVE CANDICE, TRAX & BRIGGZ