I am a wimp when it comes to raw meat. Gagging, whining, and making awful faces just to get the plastic off the package. So you know I'm TOTALLY only going to cook boneless, skinless, breasts, right?
Recently we got a whole chicken and I put on my big girl pants and my plastic gloves and cooked a whole chicken.
So why haven't I been doing this all along? It really is easy. Especially because you KNOW I'd use the gloves for the boneless breasts, right? Toss it all in, sprinkle seasonings on top and let it cook. I have been doing paprika, salt, pepper, and a little onion powder/garlic powder. Nothing fancy. By cooking a whole chicken I get enough meat for 2-3 meals.
Looks yummy, right?
Night 1 we eat the drumsticks, thighs, and other little pieces, Night 2 we eat the breast meat either plain, smothered in Barbecue sauce, or in a casserole. Night 3 we take whatever meat is left, plus the stock we made from the juices and make a lovely Chicken soup.**
How cool is that?
**Honesty disclaimer: This is how it is SUPPOSED to work. Real life has prevented me from following through all three nights. However, this MAY be my week.
I got the courage to make the leap at The Happy Housewife. She also tells how to make the broth with lots of pictures and a better explanation.
No comments:
Post a Comment