Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Crock Pot Wednesday: Enchilada Casserole

My super fun sister in law, Candice, and I have decided to do CrockPot Wednesdays as a fun way to stay connected and bond from across the country.  Her blog is private so I can't link to them, but I hope to post them somewhere, sometime.

So, tonight I did one of my favorite crock pot meals.  Enchilada Casserole.  I first tried it in 2008 while I followed the Year of Slow Cooking blog. You can see from her post that the finished product is yucky looking.  So, here is what I do.
Add the following ingredients in layers:
Browned hamburger ( I add garlic and onion to mine)  (She uses chicken and it's good, too.)
Black Beans
Corn Tortillas
Cheese
Enchilada sauce

Cook on low for 4 hours.  My crock pot cooks hot, so we're usually burning by then.
Don't peek and don't stir.

Top with olives and sour cream.  Yum.

The verdict:  Always a super yum. Everyone at my house eats this.  And this one is SO easy and quick to throw together.  Next time you are browning hamburger, brown an extra pound and you can throw this into the crockpot in 5 minutes.

No comments: