Friday, August 21, 2009

Bulletty Randomness

  • R is smart. We were heading home from a baby blessing on Sunday, and R said, "Let's pass 5 cars. There's one. Now we need (small pause...) four more." I told him that was good math and he was a big kid and was smart enough to use the potty. He said,"Not smart to use potty, just do maff."
  • Speaking of pottying, he is getting good at tinkling in the potty. Now if he can remain completely naked and always have a potty in front of a tv, he'll be fine. Ugh.
  • M is entering the terrible 2's. The kid just wants to be grown up and independent. She has started refusing sippy cups and wants to drink out of regular cups. We lay in bed at night and wonder what adventures we will have with her in the future.
  • M is becoming quite a singer and talker. She repeats what she hears and some of it is understandable. She has finally mastered the signs for more and please. She loves to climb and LOVES to go down slides.
  • We are starting to settle in. I've realized I've got to be more proactive about feeling like we're "home." We went and got library cards today. It's a start.
  • E has found a job in the field he wants to be in. It is a grunt job, but you have to start somewhere, and it will show the professors he really wants to be there, right?
  • I'm looking for a job. I'm not willing to put my kids in daycare right now, so it's night time jobs I'm looking for. I'm wondering if I still have that waitress in me somewhere. I enjoyed that.
  • At night when I can't sleep because I'm stressing, I daydream about having lots of money and what I'd buy with it. I think it would be so fun to drive up to my friends and family with a new car for them. So, make sure I know your dream car if I ever have millions dropped in my lap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't visited for awhile. I've been computered out. Sound like you barely survived the big move. There's something special about a first home, especially when your sweat and blood went into it. It was somewhat hard for me to leave our first home as well. I hope school goes well for Ethan and that you and the kiddos will adjust. I like Logan, not that I've ever lived there, I just love the scenery.

Stewart and Carrie Hughes Family said...

Stewart has always had the same dream for becoming wealthy. He has always wanted to buy his dad a REALLY nice truck. For a while when he was in college he had a picture of the truck taped to his closet door as motivation to keep going. I'm pretty sure his dad will be to old to appreciate it if we ever come up with the money. But just in case you suddenly become wealthy - we're dreaming of a little fishing boat at the moment.

Hayley said...

I was watching for clues about where you moved to. I should have just asked. Sounds like you are somewhere in my neighborhood aka valley. You will have to give me your phone number we could have a play date at a park or something.

The Betts 4 said...

Im gonna miss your cute family!!! Hope things are going better for you!