We made the move. And I survived 3 days without internet. We had everything hooked up the day we moved in, but it took 3 days to dig out the computer.
One thing I didn't know we were bringing with us was a stomach bug. M had it the first night we were here, R had it the next, E on Monday, and I finished it off on Tuesday. I almost went and requested a different apartment feeling jinxed. But we're feeling better and have bleached the place.
We've had a hard time going from 1308 bathroom drawers to 2 teeny tiny ones. Similar story in the kitchen. We'll have a great time looking for our food storage in the closets while cooking dinner. And, most of all I feel like a horrible mom for taking away my children's back yard. (R keeps asking to go to our other house.)
But I am loving having a dishwasher and central air. We've had fun at the playground and in the pool. The kids will adjust. We'll develop a new routine and a new normal, but it is not an easy thing. Maybe we'll be unpacked by the next moving day.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey I got that stomache bug also not fun. Glad you are getting settled in.
Post a Comment