So, I've been quite down lately and I'm tired of it. I did go to a doctor, and had some blood work done to figure out why I am so tired all the time. As I have posted before, I have done work to change my diet and exercise more. I got SO discouraged not seeing any results. The lab results came back, and I've got problems with my thyroid, my insulin levels, and my testosterone levels. It is so funny that hearing that something is wrong can make you feel good. At least I know that there is something going on. I admit that my diet needs tweaking and that I need to pump up my exercise routine. I know that my lifestyle is part of what is wrong with me. But it is nice to know that there is something "off" and its not all in my head.
I am prediabetic. Yuck. I do not want diabetes. I don't want PCOS. I know that there are (easy on paper) lifestyle changes that I can make to totally change my health. (Ummm, duh!) I have told E that I am committed to make BIG changes. But, I also told him that I don't want him to "help." (Being the emotional girl I am, I would take any encouragement as criticism.) He is very loving and supportive of me no matter what. What a good guy. Our first step will be to cut out High Fructose Corn Syrup. It's even in the yogurt we eat! There are quite a few packages of other products in the cupboard that are going to the food bank!
Monday, February 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment