38% of my husband’s family has birthdays in February. And, they all happen to be male. There’s Granddad, two of his sons, one son in law, and three grandsons. There is a representative from every family so we have one big birthday celebration. Being an active family, dinner and visiting is not enough. This leads to the N Family Birthday Olympics! This past Saturday was the 2nd annual event. I am okay with just eating and visiting. I am not always game to have wild running around games that I feel the need to participate in. I am not a competitive person, and in that area I am in the wrong family. I just try to remember that in 5 years when there are (at least) 7 grandsons under 10 running around, I will be SO thankful that we run around at these events.
E’s birthday is tomorrow. I have one of those husbands (from my research there are a lot of spouses like this) that just buys what he wants when he wants. That makes it hard to get him anything. I did keep him from opening a box that he ordered “for his birthday.” I told him he had to wait. I also will take him to get the fancy guppies he wants on his birthday. I also think I will get him a Tooth Tunes toothbrush just for fun. He thinks the technology is cool, and I know it is something he is not expecting. Besides, who couldn’t use a little “Theme from Rocky” to help you brush your teeth the recommended 2 minutes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment