Wednesday, January 10, 2007

All Hail PYP!

So, R woke me up quite early this morning. I was actually okay with it today, because I was able to go to the BIG QUAKER SALE at Albertsons. Yes people, I made it to the store on the first day of the sale. I bought 5 containers of oatmeal, 12 boxes of instant oatmeal, 8 boxes of cereal, 10 boxes of granola bars, and 5 boxes of oatmeal-to go for $22.87. I saved (between store sale prices and my coupons) $138.50. Thank heavens for Pinching Your Pennies! What a rush. Couponing is truly my only hobby at this point. It allows me to get out of the house by my self occasionally. I also believe that my couponing habit helps the budget enough to keep me at home. I may have 16 sticks of deodorant in my closet, but I got them all free. So what if many of the cans/boxes in my pantry are missing their barcodes? I was able to get them for a fraction of their "retail price." My husband lets me keeping buying the multiple newspapers because I bring him home free batteries to run his gadgets. I also use my hobby to stock up my parents, brothers, and friends pantries. I loved the fact that my husband only had to stop for milk and produce for the month after I had the baby. I feel good knowing that if there is an emergency, we will be able to eat (and it will be food we like.) PYP also has many people always on the lookout for a good deal on fun stuff on the internet. I refrained from making the purchase, but yesterday I could have purchased 2 Aeropostale hoodie sweatshirts for $27.xx (regular price $39.50.) Super fun!
Go check it out if you haven't been there. I owe them a lot!

No comments: