Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lists, signs, and maps

The kids have been big into lists lately.  They beg for lists telling them what to do.  So they've been given checklists with a couple chores and silly things to do like act like a dog or give RR three hugs and kisses.  From that R decided he wanted to make some signs to help tell people what to do.  This is my favorite:


It reads:  Mom and Dad's room  Don't Come In.
I didn't tell him to make it, but I have probably told him to get out of my room a couple times.

Miss M's new thing to do is make maps.  Here is one she made for my cousin Erin.  My kids miss her very very much and I think we may need to kidnap her sometime for a week or two.  Not sure how.  So until we can, here is the map Miss M made.

She has informed us that any of our family or friends can use it to come find us.


I have been doing lots of list and sign making, too. We have decided that we will be homeschooling our kids this year.  The school that R is zoned for is not a good fit on several levels. When we told R that he would not be going to school I held my breath waiting for his response.  It was, "Well, I don't want to wait. Let's start now."  So we're doing some preparation and starting soon.  

1 comment:

DuncanAndCandice said...

I need a sign for my bedroom!!! I love it! And the map is very helpful thank you M!