Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Watched Pot

We are really settling in here.  E is getting the chance to meet people and tour key places for his research.  I am actually feeling very stir crazy.  We are waiting for a check.  We have no money.  We have 1/2 tank of gas and maybe $5.00 to our names until the money comes.  It is KILLING me.  It is totally worse than waiting for a watched pot to boil.  With this there is the anticipation until you get to the mailbox and then there is the disappointment of it not being there.  Then another 23 hours until you start again.  Ick.

I am anxious to get a couch and TV.  We'd love to find a couple of bookcases or toy storage things.  I didn't realize how much I use a printer, and the one pair of shorts I fit in now has a hole in an area that really should be covered.  We will be buying all these things used, but I'm anxious to get out there.  I want to pay the rent and utilities, too.  There is just a lovely sense of security when there is more than a single digit dollar amount in the bank.  Okay.  Enough of my whining. 

I was saved this week by:

Finding the kit to make this bag in my craft stuff.
 making play dough.
 Picking up a real wood bookcase by the trash dumpster.  Yay!
Hopefully I can do something wonderful with it.  E thinks its fine as is, but I'd like to spruce it up a bit.  Maybe colors and use it for toys or something.  

No comments: