For most of his verbal life, R has wanted to go to the beach. For his 5th birthday we did just that.
We pulled into a parking lot next to some sand dunes and hauled all of our stuff down the boardwalk. We set up our chairs, took off our flip flops and took a big breath of Atlantic Ocean air. And I thought, I LOVE THIS PLACE! We splashed in the waves and played in the sand. R loved every minute of it and ran around like a crazy kid the entire time. The sand was so soft and not too hot. The temperature was in the eighties with a cool ocean breeze. It was great until we had to load up and try to get the sand off everything. I swear RR had sand on every inch of his body. Probably inside and out because he'd been eating the sand by the shovelful. R said it was a good birthday.




3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY R! It looks like you all had a wonderful time!
That is the cutest cake EVER!!! - Grammy
Oh it looks like he had an amazing birthday :)
Happy Birthday R!
Post a Comment