Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Putting the Harmony in my Home

This last year was just so hard and I felt so down for so much of it. But in the name of moving forward, here is my resolution for the year:

Make my home a happy place.

This is going to be a 3 fold mission, and I hope to document it here for accountability and a chance to reflect and see how I have grown.

Part 1) Beautify my home. Just because we have little to no money and are living in an apartment does not mean my home can not be beautiful. We will be here a few more months, and I want it to look and feel homey.

Part 2)Organize & Simplify. This is not really a de-junk thing, we got rid of most of our stuff before we moved. This is me making routines and plans, sticking to them and being a better homemaker. For example: How much easier would my life be if I had a dinner menu posted and didn't stress and fuss for an hour before begging E to take us out or put in a frozen pizza? (Not a nightly occurance, FYI, but has been known to happen...)

Part 3) Spruce up ME. Take time for me. This will be the hardest of the three. :)

Now, on to DO IT and not just talk about it!


1 comment:

DuncanAndCandice said...

i am excited for you. i know you can do it and will be cheering you on :)