Monday, January 5, 2009

Hooray for Today

The holidays are over for another year. The decorations are put away, the gifts have found their new homes, the treats are gone, and everyone is back at work. It doesn't really make me sad to pack up the holidays. As the holidays wind down, I get anxious to get my house back to normal. The kids need their routines and schedules back. All the family togetherness is great, but that takes a lot of energy, too. So today, we're back to our normal Monday which includes:
Taking out all the trash
Cleaning the floors
2 Loads of Laundry
Reading stories and playing trains.
Happy Monday to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a very Merry Christmas. Way to go with the house diet, that's a great accomplishment. Did I ever let you know that I love the way you have a way with words? I wish you could do all my journaling, then it might be interesting. Amen to everything you said about normality!

Summer Navarrete said...

Harmonie

I felt all of that on Monday as well. We returned to the exact same lovely routine except instead of playing trains we played ponies. Horray for routines when you are the mom of a two year old!