We had E's immediate family Christmas party last night. I haven't been feeling well, we were running late, R was not cooperating, and E was getting grumpy. On the hour drive to his brother's house I reflected that I was living a dream come true. So sappy, I know. But, I was in my car with my loving husband and two cute children in the backseat. I knew that when we pulled up at his brother's home, there would be lots of hugs and yummy smells to greet us. I knew that there would be almost intolerable amounts of noise, but my son would be having lots of fun with his cousins. I knew my baby would get lots of kisses, and we'd a share a few laughs.
Just the kind of Christmas party I always dream of, and I'm glad I took a moment to notice.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Spending time with family is the best part of Christmas. All the parties and places to go are hard on the kids, good job for keeping things in perspective! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment