Saturday, May 24, 2008

Something's gotta go. Why can't it be my hips?

Lately I've been dealing with that age old dilemma...finding time for myself. A problem for most of the women I know. I know that having a new baby throws life for a loop, and things will get better once I can sleep for more than 3 hours at a time, but how does one get everything done they need to? I am using the time I feed the baby as my computer time. Yes, that does mean I am typing with one hand right now. My house is sometimes tidy, rarely clean. I shower most days, but my hair is usually in a ponytail. I do the minimum amount of work with our business, but our bills are paid. In other words, I feel like I am just getting by. I know that if there was more time for ME, I could be refreshed and possibly attack the other things in my life with more vigor.
I guess the first thing I need to get rid of is the mommy guilt. That whole perfect mommy/perfect children/perfect house ideal that was instilled in me at sometime. Then I can work on the other things that NEED to be done. Like playing with my kids, and doing things to make me feel good, inside and out. I'm gonna try. Maybe when the baby is sleeping longer stretches. Maybe when the kids are in school. Maybe when they've moved out. Maybe, right?

No comments: