Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day take 2

This is my second Mother's Day with babies. I called my mom and grandma, and Ethan called his mom. The highlight of the day was when my little guy came running up to me with a present in hand and a big smile on his face. Super special. Of course, he then took the present out of the room and opened it, but I had my moment. I had two boxes. One contained a lotion making kit and the other a soda can lid. But the real gift was in an envelope. I got pretty excited thinking of spa treatments and other "mom" treats. Um, no. A new set of furniture. We've wanted a new living room group for as long as we've been married. It became a bigger issue last week when the in-laws' dog had diarrhea all over our couch. We went out and looked, but there was nothing we wanted. Plus, money is a HUGE issue. I know. I'm the bill payer. So, I'm really not sure stressing me out about money and making me a little bugged that I didn't get to help pick out such a major purchase is much of a gift. We ended the celebrations with a picnic in the park. Just our own little family. And I'm sure I'll enjoy the furniture for years to come.





No comments: