Do you know how hard it is to find something green to wear when you are 37 weeks pregnant and your wardrobe consists of 4 pair of pants (2 pair are pj's) and 6 shirts? Not that we are big on celebrating St. Patrick's Day, but I usually find it easier to play along. I am happy to report that I was successful (even if I am wearing 3 layers on top..and roasting..)
Last night I had a crazy pregnant lady food emergency. I needed pasta salad. It needed to be made with elbow macaroni, and we had none. Being Sunday I couldn't run to the store (because I don't believe I should shop on the Sabbath) and tried to talk myself out of that pasta salad. Now, if you've ever been near a pregnant lady in her 37th week that wants something that is not readily available, you may know the many possible consequences. Luckily there was no pouting or tears, angry yelling, or begging of husband to break the Sabbath. I was grateful that we have family nearby. We went and visited E's parents (who have been in Argentina for 2 1/2 weeks) and immediately following said visit, I called E's sister's house because I know her food storage was bound to have elbow macaroni in it. My BIL answered is somewhat of a whisper. I told him my emergency, and after he double checked their stash, I said we'd be there in a minute. We pulled into their driveway, or would have if there had been room. They were having a youth fireside at their house. Their living room was packed with kids and adults all in their Sunday best. I was SO embarrassed. My BIL ran outside to our car with that silly bag of noodles. I told him how mortified I was, and he reassured me that as an EMT he was prepared for ALL emergency situations. I'm sure this is one they didn't train him for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment