Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankful 2012

We had a great Thanksgiving day.  We invited our Florida Cousins to join us at our home, and Uncle Stu drove down from Mississippi. It was the first time we have hosted Thanksgiving Dinner at our house. Thank heavens I did not have to cook the turkey because that totally freaks me out.  Also, I don't really like eating turkey.  I do eat it on Thanksgiving for tradition sake, but if you come to my Thanksgiving in the future there may only be ham. 

Anyway, it was another one of those moments where I realized I didn't appreciate my mother (grandmothers, aunts, insert other role model women) enough because it is hard work to be the one in charge.  The stress of keeping things hot!  It can get to you.

There are not many pictures of the occasion.  Uncle Stu took beautiful pictures of the food with a fancy camera.  Miss Megan captured this one:


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
Or, if you REALLY need the details, there is this one:

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
There is as much tradition there with the parsnips and raspberry jello as there is in having a Turkey.
 
I did get a little sappy.  I made parsnips like my Grandma O, had the jello and peas my Papa loved.  Peeled potatos and yams like my mom does with her little knife, used the table cloth my Grammy and Grandad left for me, and felt I would have been so proud to serve it to my daddy.
I am really blessed, and really thankful for my family. 

No comments: