
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
So part of our bedtime/nap routine has been to put a blanket over R and tell him goodnight, etc... It seem to be catching on. He is starting to cuddle to whatever blanket is in his bed. When he is tired and I put him in bed, he will start sucking his thumb, and pull the blanket up to his cheek with the other hand. This is very cute, but the whole thumb sucking thing won't be cute when he's 17. Fingers crossed that he outgrows this habit. I did find this article that says
When investigators have looked at late thumb suckers for common traits, they found only one thing in common that distinguished them from other children -- a prolonged history of a strong battle with thumb sucking at an earlier age. It is striking that many well-meaning parents have actually encouraged thumb sucking by trying to forcibly take the thumb out of their children's mouths.
*Note the I see the camera, I am not going to smile look on his face.
No comments:
Post a Comment