Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ode to the Trampoline




Every day my children go outside and play together on the trampoline.

Every day they spend at least an entire hour together burning energy, using their imaginations, and laugh together on that trampoline.

Today they took their blankies and pillows outside as the evening air cooled and watched the clouds.

Yesterday they sat close together, leaning against the net while biggest brother read them a stack of books.

Before that it was the empty plastic easter eggs that bounced around them. (I was told they exploded in mid air.)

I don't know if we'll get to set up the trampoline when we move. E asked me recently,"Would you rather have a 3 bedroom with access to a pool, or a 4 bedroom with a yard."  Tough choices here, people! I tend to think that a pool is a summer thing and the trampoline is a winter thing.  So you need BOTH, right?

No comments: