This year our family theme is DO IT!
We had a fancy dinner (well, as fancy as we get without finding exactly WHAT box our celebration decorations are in...) to announce and discuss the theme.
I really pondered what I wanted the theme to be for this year. There are big things happening in our family. Two kids going to school outside of home for the first time, E needs to write big important papers for school, and I want to make some positive changes for my health. Plus there is the everyday chores, personal and family spiritual enrichment, and hobbies to make time for.
We are not lazy people (most of the time...) but we do put things off and become distracted. I want to raise hard workers who don't have a sense of entitlement. That seems like a bigger challenge all the time. So this year we're going to just DO IT. We are going to practice getting things done instead of talking about them and hoping someone else will do it for us. ;)
I really pondered what I wanted the theme to be for this year. There are big things happening in our family. Two kids going to school outside of home for the first time, E needs to write big important papers for school, and I want to make some positive changes for my health. Plus there is the everyday chores, personal and family spiritual enrichment, and hobbies to make time for.
We are not lazy people (most of the time...) but we do put things off and become distracted. I want to raise hard workers who don't have a sense of entitlement. That seems like a bigger challenge all the time. So this year we're going to just DO IT. We are going to practice getting things done instead of talking about them and hoping someone else will do it for us. ;)
I know we won't be perfect, but we will be better than we were. :)
1 comment:
I LOVE IT!!!! What a great theme for the year...
Post a Comment